The D-Link DCH-S160 Wi-Fi Water Sensor is a reliable smart water sensor that consistently can be found at the top of any serious review of such devices. It’s also one of the few models that doesn’t need a smart-home hub, which in our book is a big plus as it lowers the entry barrier. Instead, it uses Wi-Fi to deliver water alerts and integrate with other smart devices in the home. It’s also the only model on our list that relies on power from the wall rather than a battery.
- Receive push notifications when water is detected via mobile app
- Built-in alarm will sound (up to 70 dB) and LED will blink red when water is detected
- Detachable cables included (3.5 ft. non-sensing and 1.65 ft. sensor cable)
- Create rules via mydlink mobile app to enable interaction with additional mydlink home automation products such as motion sensor, Wi-Fi cameras, Smart Plugs and more.
- Easy set up with the mydlink Home app
- IFTTT compatible – Pair with any IFTTT enabled product or app